The robotics club had our second practice tonight. The kids were still excited about their last match and how much they had improved. I am glad this program exists for the students and that I get to be a small part of it. After settling in we reviewed our previous match.
Robotics Club Meeting Notes
Review of Previous Match
- A.T. – Pushing was good, team did well, robot was sturdy, didn’t remember to turn on on 1st match
- C.J. – Need to work on driving skill, cables got tangled in the axles
- E.H. – Did not attend
- H.S. – Did much better, hook design was good for pushing
- K.C. – Need to make sure robot is on, try to avoid walls more, robot does wheelies
Strategy for Upcoming Match:
- A.T. – Keep last week’s strategy
- C.J. – Keep last week’s strategy
- E.H. – Need to see a match
- H.S. – Try to go faster but stick with pushing
- K.C. – Possibly grab from front, stick with pushing
We discussed and made some minor design changes to the robot, mainly a method to organize the wires and weigh the front down a bit more. I briefly discussed the concepts of speed and torque in a drive train and made some models that demonstrated the concepts. We practiced driving extensively with each team member getting multiple chances to drive.